- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp rosemary leaves
- 2 cored and chopped red tart apples
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1 tsp fresh grated orange peel
- 4 cups unseasoned dry bread cubes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F. Melt margarine in a skillet; add celery and onion. Sauté 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in everything but the bread cubes.
Place the bread cubes in a large bowl and stir in the fruit mixture. Add broth and toss to combine. Place in a 9x13 inch dish, cover and bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Yields: 8 cups
- Preparation Time: about 1 hour