- 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 4 sweet cooking apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of allspice or nutmeg
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
Combine all the ingredients except the raisins in a large saucepan. Stir together; bring to a simmer, then simmer gently, covered until the cranberries have burst and the apples are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Stir in the raisins and allow to cool, uncovered. Transfer to a serving container and serve at room temperature.
- Yields: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes