- 4 large whole chicken breasts (halved and skinned)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 pound small mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon and pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water
On waxed paper, coat chicken breast with flour. In a medium skillet over medium heat, in hot butter, cook chicken, a few pieces at a time, until lightly browned on all sides. Set chicken breasts aside.
In drippings in skillet over medium heat, cook mushrooms and onions for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in heavy cream, sherry, salt, and pepper and stir to blend well.
Return chicken to skillet.
Reduce heat to low. Cover skillet and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is fork tender.
Remove chicken to warm platter.
In cup, blend 1 tablespoon flour with water. Gradually add to pan liquid, stirring constantly. To serve: spoon sauce over chicken.
- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes