- 6 eggs
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- One 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- One 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Beat eggs in large mixer bowl until thick. Cook and stir green peppers and onion in butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until tender. Add tomato sauce and mushrooms. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Reduce heat and cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Heat lightly greased griddle over medium heat. Mix flour, baking powder and salt, beat into eggs gradually. Fold in cheese. Drop the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Cook until light and fluffy brown on each side. For each serving, top 2 or 3 egg puffs with 1/2-cup sauce.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: About half an hour