- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup Kraft Caramels - each cut into 4 pieces
- ½ cup mini cinnamon chips
- 2 apples - peeled, cored, and diced (I used Golden Delicious)
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together the butter, oil, and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. While mixing, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir in the caramel pieces, cinnamon chips, and apples. Make sure the apples, caramels, and chips are evenly distributed (if they clump up in the cookies, the cookies won't bake evenly).
Place golf ball-sized scoops of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart (you'll have about 8-9 cookies on a sheet). Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookies are golden brown. Let the cookies rest for a minute or two on baking sheet before removing to wire rack to cool.
- Yields: About 36 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes