- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 loaf (16-ounce) cinnamon bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (21-ounce) apple pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 can (12-ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into tiny pieces
- 3/4 cup caramel topping
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together bread, pie filling, and pecans until combined.
In a medium bowl, whisk together evaporated milk, cream, eggs, brown sugar, allspice, and salt until combined. Pour over bread mixture; stir gently until bread is saturated. Pour into slow cooker and dot with butter.
Cover and cook on Low heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
In a small microwave-safe bowl, stir together caramel topping and bourbon. Cover and microwave on High setting (100 percent power) for 1 to 2 minutes or until warm. Serve bread pudding topped with caramel-bourbon sauce and whipped topping (optional).
- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: Prep 15 minutes Cook 3 to 4 hours (Low)