Trying to figure out the menu can be a struggle. While you want to prepare something elegant and sensual, you also don't want to work your tail off preparing it. Are you considering a quiet romantic dinner for two for an anniversary or Valentines Day? Could you use some romantic dinner recipes that say "I love you" and is fairly easy to prepare? Then have a look at these simple, yet elegant romantic dinner recipes for two.
- 2 large passion fruits, halved 1 pound pineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons sugar 4 ripe kiwis, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- Dash of lemon juice 1 large banana, cut into ¼ inch rounds
- 6 pitted prunes, halved
Place a fine sieve over a small saucepan. Scoop out the pulp from one of the passion fruits and press the pulp on the sieve to extract as much of the juice as possible into the saucepan. Add the sugar and a dash of lemon juice and heat moderately for 2 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Transfer the passion fruit syrup to a medium bowl and set aside to cool. Scoop the pulp from the other passion fruit into the syrup and stir. In separate bowl, toss the bananas, the kiwis, the prunes and the pineapples. Add the passion fruit syrup, toss well and serve.
- 2 tbsp. butter, divided fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp. shallots, minced 2 (4 ounce) filet mignon steaks
- 1/4 C. fresh shiitake mushrooms caps 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3/4 C. dry red wine, divided 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 5 fl. oz. beef consommé 1 tsp. dried thyme
- fresh thyme (garnish)
Sauté the shallots and mushrooms with the 1 tbsp butter in a non-stick frying pan until tender, about 4 minutes. Add ½ cup of red wine, Marcella or Cabernet will do, and 3 oz of the consommé, simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the mushrooms and set them aside, then bring the sauce to a boil until it reduces to ¼ cup. Transfer the wine sauce to a medium bowl and the mushrooms. Meanwhile in a separate bowl, combine the soy sauce with the cornstarch and set it aside. Salt and pepper the filets to taste and sauté the steaks in the remaining butter over a medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side and remove them from the pan and keep warm. Add to the pan the rest of the red wine and consommé and bring to a boil for about a minute. Add the mushrooms and reduced wine sauce and bring to a boil again. Then add the cornstarch-soy sauce mixture and the dried thyme, stir for about a minute until the sauce has thickened. Place the steaks on the plate and cover with the mushroom wine sauce and garnish with fresh thyme. This dish is best served with baked potato and asparagus spears.
For dessert, simply place 2 chocolate mints on a pillow and place on a freshly made bed. Bon-appetite!
Romantic dinner recipes need not be complicated nor time consuming. These simple but elegant romantic dinner recipes are easy to prepare and won't leave you exhausted. And if you would like some more ideas for romantic dinner recipes, then check back with me in the future for more delicious ideas.
- Editor's Note: This article is contributed by Tina Jones from the Unforgettable Woman Publishing Team. She works together with founder Alexandra Fox and writes dating/relationship articles for women. You can find more about Unforgettable Woman Publishing by visiting their website.