I took some of my favorite ingredients from dishes like jambalaya and melded them into a wonderful pasta dish that comes together even faster than a traditional jambalaya! What's more, it's a perfect one dish meal that really needs little more than a tall glass of whatever you fancy to wash it all down ... what more could you ask for when time is of the essence and flavor matters most?
As always, I encourage you to share your recipe ideas and comments. You can always post comments in the discussion board using the forms provided in the articles or email me directly at .
- 1 lb. rotini or penne pasta
- 1 T. olive oil
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast -- cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 oz. smoked sausage -- sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper -- chopped
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1 can evaporated skim milk
- 1 T. Cajun seasoning
- 2 green onions -- sliced
Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's directions.
Meanwhile, brown the chicken in the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, pepper, onions and garlic and sauté until the vegetables are soft. Add the evaporated skim milk and seasonings; reduce heat to low and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
Drain the pasta and add the sauce. Toss well to coat. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
- Yields: 4-6 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes