This month's recipe is a perfect example. Not only is it an excellent dessert, the recipe makes enough filling for two pies, so you can make one and freeze the leftover filling for another pie at a later time. All you need to do is make sure that you've got enough room in your refrigerator for a delicious pie that's not likely to last too long. Enjoy!
- 1 can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c. fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 c. lime juice
- Green food coloring (optional)
- 8 oz. reduced fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- Toasted coconut (optional)
In a large bowl, blend the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and lime juice until well combined. If desired, add enough food coloring to create a light green color. Fold in the whipped topping and pour half of the filling into the prepared crust. (You can freeze the remaining filling and thaw for use later.) Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. If desired, sprinkle with toasted coconut before serving.
- Yields: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes plus chilling time