The summer is upon us and many of us like to do rather simple dishes.
I stumbled across a very unique but wonderful dish that I use to entertain guests when I'm short on time.
I think you will enjoy it also.
- 3 lbs chicken legs (approximately 12)
- 1 lbs bacon
- 3 cans sliced white potatoes
- 3 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon and pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Wash chicken, season down with seasonings. Wrap the end of the chicken leg (the boney portion) with strips of bacon. Place in any baking pan.
Bake for 30 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix together chopped onions, celery, bell peppers and potatoes. Pour into a large rectangular casserole dish. Pour cream of mushroom soup over the top. Place in oven for twenty minutes.
Remove this from the oven and sprinkle cheese on top of the potato and vegetable mixture.
Remove meat from the oven.
Drain excess grease and fat.
Place on top of the cheese. I normally make some type of decoration with the chicken by placing each leg adjacent to the other.
Bake for another 20 - 30 minutes.
- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 1 hour 15 minutes.