Welcome to the final installment of the Readers' Corner column. Due to the popularity of the new Seasoned Opinions column and the inevitable overlap in subject matter between the two columns, this will be the last regular appearance of this column. Don't be surprised if you see it pop up now and then as a special feature though.
In the meantime, I want to thank all of the readers who have taken the time and effort to share their ideas with us month after month. I encourage you to continue inspiring us all by visiting Seasoned Opinions and letting us know about your great ideas.
This month, we're showcasing some of your promises for the New Year. So, sit back and be entertained and inspired.
Sylvia shares the nearly traditional New Year's resolution that brings millions together every year:
- "Okay, I'll say what's on everyone's mind: I am resolving to lose some weight for 1999. I know that I'm not the only one!"
I'm sure that's true, Sylvia!
Philip Meltier chimes in with not one, not two, but three resolutions! Here are his great ideas:
- "I have a few resolutions this year:
- I want to make sure that we have at least two major family outings this year -- before the kids reach that age where Mom and Dad aren't cool anymore!
- I want to set aside $100 a month to cover the expenses we'll acrue during those outings!
- I want to learn how to cook -- and it looks like this is a great place to start! I've already started with some of the fast dishes in the Rush Hour column. Thanks a lot for all of the help."
Wow, Philip! You sure have a great set of promises for the New Year. Good luck and let us know how we can help out with #3!!!Well, there you have it. Thank you for sharing with us! Make sure you keep it up by visiting Seasoned Opinions too.