Seafood menus are often popular during the months of March and April. If you find yourself interested in complimenting your weekday meal plan with seafood, you'll love this month's Easy Shrimp Primavera recipe.
This tasty, colorful dish takes the work out of making it by calling for precooked shrimp, frozen vegetables, and other semi-prepared ingredients. The total time it takes to get it ready is also impressive. During the time you have it warming, put together a nice salad with fresh spinach leaves and mandarin oranges. Yum!
- 6 oz. corkscrew pasta
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables (pick your favorites!)
- 12 oz. precooked cocktail shrimp, shells removed
- 1 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
In a medium saucepan, combine soup, milk, and garlic. Stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Add next three ingredients (vegetables through mushrooms) and cooked pasta. Mix until well coated. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a little Romano cheese sprinkled over it.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes