Tomato-Asparagus Chicken with Green Yogurt Sauce
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, ends trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped (1 T. reserved for sauce -- see below)
- 1 c. plain yogurt
- 1 T. green goddess seasoning/dressing mix
- 1 T. chopped green onion
- 1 T. chopped tomato (leftover from the other tomatoes)
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Rice, for serving (I like to serve it with this)
Place the chicken breasts between two large sheets of plastic wrap; pound them out as thinly as you can. Slice the chicken into thin strips.
Bring the olive oil to a medium-high heat in a large sauté pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and place it in the pan. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep it warm. Add the garlic to the pan and sauté it until fragrant.
Add the asparagus and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan, as well as the chopped tomato (reserve 1 tablespoon of the chopped tomato for the sauce). Simmer for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Keep warm.
While the chicken simmers, prepare the dipping sauce. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, green goddess seasoning, tomato, and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Serve the chicken over rice with the dipping sauce.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes