- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2-3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning -- or your favorite Tex-Mex type seasoning
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz. elbow macaroni, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and chopped avocado, for topping (optional)
Brown the ground beef over medium high heat. While cooking, break it up into small pieces. Near the end of cooking, add the tomatoes, garlic, and seasoning. When the beef is fully browned, add the corn starch and water and increase the heat briefly to high. When the mixture bubbles and thickens, reduce the heat to low and add the beans and corn. Simmer for 5 minutes and adjust the seasoning.
Toss the taco meat mixture and the elbow macaroni until the noodles are well-covered. Top with shredded cheese and remove from the heat. Serve warm and topped with sour cream and avocado, if desired.
- Yields: 4-6 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes