- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 bunch of scallions (approximately 2 ounces in weight) sliced with green tops and white bottoms separated
- 2 cups taco meat (I used ground beef in mine, but you can use ground chicken or turkey as well), heated through
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Nacho chips for serving
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
In a glass pie plate or the baking dish of your choice, spread the cream cheese evenly across the bottom. Top the cream cheese with the shredded jack cheese and white part of the sliced scallions. Spread the warmed taco meat over the mixture and top evenly with the shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the top with chopped lettuce, diced tomato, avocado, and the sliced scallion tops. Serve with nacho chips.
- Yields: 5-10 servings, depending on how hungry you are!
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes