Summer Crunch Broccoli Salad
- 5 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sunflower kernels
- 1 - 3 oz. package Ramen Chicken Soup Mix, uncooked
- Flavor package from Ramen Noodles
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
Combine the broccoli, almonds, and sunflower kernels in a large bowl. Set aside.
Place the uncooked noodles from the Ramen Chicken Soup Mix package in a resealable plastic bag and, using your hands or the back of a large spoon, crush the noodles into small pieces. Add the crushed, uncooked noodles to the bowl with the broccoli in it.
In a small, resealable jar, combine the flavor package from the Ramen Noodles, the olive oil, the rice vinegar, and the sugar. Place the lid over the jar and shake vigorously to create a dressing. Drizzle all of the dressing over the bowl with the broccoli in it and toss well to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Yields: 6-8 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes