Spicy Peanut Noodles
- 8 oz. spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1 c. chopped red cabbage
- 1 c. coarsely shredded carrots
- 8 oz. sliced shitake mushrooms
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp. red curry paste
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1-2 T. rice wine
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
Boil your pasta water and prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Drain off the water.
While the pasta is being prepared, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage, carrots, and mushrooms and stir-fry until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Toss with the hot pasta. Lid the pot while you prepare the sauce.
To make the sauce, combine the peanut butter, curry paste, soy sauce, and rice wine. If the sauce seems a little too thick, add more rice wine. Toss the sauce and the green onions with the pasta and veggies and serve immediately.
- Yields: 2-3 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes