Spicy Meets Sweet Pineapple Salsa
- 1/2 pineapple, ripe but still firm, cored, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 serrano chili, seeded, stemmed and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Add sugar, salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste
Preheat your grill to medium-high. Place the pineapple slices on the grill and let sit for two minutes per side, ensuring that they are tender before removing them. Remove from grill and chop into pieces.
Now put the pineapple in a medium-sized bowl and mix in the serrano chili, cilantro and lime juice. Complete the concoction with sugar, salt and pepper. Serve immediately for best results.
- Yields: 2-1/2 cups