- 3 medium-sized crisp apples (I used some smoke house apples we picked this fall - honeycrisp apples also work beautifully)
- 3 popsicle sticks
- 1 c. mini-marshmallows or finely cut larger marshmallows (use a pair of kitchen shears lightly sprayed with cooking spray)
- 2 T. butter
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 T. canola oil
- 1/2 c. finely crushed graham crackers
Wash and dry the apples. Remove the stems and skewer a popsicle stick in each apple; set them aside. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or wax paper; set aside.
Place the butter in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until it melts. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are melted. Dip each apple into the melted marshmallows mixture and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator.
While the apples are chilling, melt the chocolate chips by putting them in a microwave-safe bowl and adding a tablespoon of oil. Cook for 40 seconds on full power; stir and continue to cook checking at 15-second intervals, stirring each time. Stop heating when most of the chips are melted. There should be a few chunks left; stir until smooth.
Place the finely crushed graham crackers in a bowl.
Remove the apples from the refrigerator and dip each apple into the melted chocolate, rotating to coat evenly. Dip the chocolate-covered apples into the ground graham crackers, and coat on all sides. Put the apples back on the lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
- Yields: 3 servings
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes