Slow Cooker Spicy Orange Beef
- 2-3 medium yellow onions, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 10 oz. beef roast, trimmed of visible fat
- 2-3 dried red chilis, added according to your tolerance for heat
- 1 large orange, peeled with a vegetable peeler (reserve skin) and juiced thoroughly
- 1 cup hoisin sauce (substitute teriyaki sauce or another favorite asian sauce)
- Hot cooked rice
- 3 sliced green onions
Prepare the onions and layer them in the bottom of your slow cooker. Place the beef roast over the layer of onions and add the dried chilis, orange peel, orange juice, and hoisin sauce to the slow cooker. Turn the slow cooker on LOW and cook for 6-8 hours or until the beef is so tender, it can be easily shredded with a fork.
Shred the beef with two forks and stir thoroughly to incorporate the juices throughout the meat. Serve the fragrant beef over hot cooked rice and topped with sliced green onions.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes hands-on time, 6-8 hours cooking time