Severed Lady Fingers
These are not your typically elegant tea cookies, but these eerily realistic finger cookies are as delicious as they are unnerving. This recipe from the blog Fleur de Sel is inspired by a Rachael Ray recipe, and modifies classic Russian tea cakes with strawberry jam and sliced almonds to add the gory features. To make the fingers:
- Beat 1 cup of unsalted butter.
- Add 1 cup confectioner’s sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 3/4 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Form your fingers on a baking sheet.
- Add an almond sliver for the fingernail and strawberry jam for bloody effects.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 325 degrees.