Sausage and Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- 2-3 sweet peppers, seeded and sliced into strips (choose multiple colors for a pretty plate)
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin slivers
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 T. canola oil
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 lb. penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. crumbled blue cheese
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Combine the fennel, peppers, onion, and garlic in an oven-proof baking dish. Toss with the canola oil and roast in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until softened and slightly caramelized.
While the vegetables are roasting, brown the Italian sausage in a large nonstick skillet and prepare the pasta. When the pasta has been drained, toss it with the sausage and roasted vegetables and return the mixture to the nonstick skillet the sausage was browned in. Sprinkle with the cheeses and return to the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling a little. Serve warm.
- Yields: 4-6 servings
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes