Pretzel Roll Sliders
- 1 lb. lean hamburger
- 2 tsp. pork sausage seasoning - or your favorite seasoning salt
- 1 vidalia onion, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- Slices of your favorite cheese(s) - I opted for jalapeno havarti and smoked gouda
- Cooking spray
- 6 bakery-bought pretzel rolls
- 2-3 T. grainy mustard, divided
- Course salt for the tops of the buns - optional
Hand-mix the seasoning of your choice into your ground beef and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes. While the meat is resting, slice the onions and the cheese.
Preheat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions to one half and spray lightly with cooking spray. Stir the onions every 3-4 minutes as you prepare the meat.
To prepare the meat, use a large ice cream disher to form small patties of the seasoned ground beef. Set the patties on the other half of the preheated griddle or large skillet. Allow each patty to cook, untouched, for 5 minutes before carefully flipping and cooking for an additional 3-6 minutes, depending on your desired level of doneness.
To assemble each slider, spread a little mustard on the bottom of a pretzel roll. Top with 2-3 tablespoons of the fried onions, 1 small hamburger patty, 2-3 slices of cheese, and the top bun. If desired, sprinkle the tops of the buns with coarse salt before serving.
- Yields: 3 servings
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes