Peanut Butter Shrimp Pad Thai
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1-4 teaspoons sambal oelek, depending on your spice preference
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice, depending on how thin you want your sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 4-6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped asparagus (I prefer thin spears for this dish)
- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound medium-wide rice noodles, soaked in warm water until softened and drained
Combine the first 4 ingredients (hoisin sauce thru lime juice) to make a highly fragrant sauce for your dish. Set aside.
Heat the canola oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick skillet. (You can begin soaking the noodles while the oil is heating.) Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant. Add the onions and asparagus and stir-fry for an additional 5 minutes. Add the prepared shrimp and stir-fry for an additional 8 minutes or until the shrimp are no longer pink. Add the sauce you put together earlier and the drained noodles and toss well to make sure everything is evenly-coated with the sauce. Serve warm.
- Yields: 3-4 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes