Peach and Ginger Ale Punch
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 pkg (3-oz) peach-flavored gelatin
- 1 can (29-oz) peach slices in light syrup
- 4 cans (11.3-oz each) peach nectar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 8 bottles (10-oz each) ginger ale
In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and peach gelatin. Bring to a boil while stirring to dissolve the sugar and gelatin.
Place the peach slices with syrup in blender container. Cover and blend until smooth. In an extra-large bowl, combine the hot mixture with the pureed peaches, peach nectar and lemon juice. Divide the mixture into four 1-quart freezeable containers and freeze overnight. (May be frozen for up to 3 months.)
At serving time, place one or more of the frozen containers at room temperature for 1 hour. (Each container makes six servings.) Break mixture into chunks with a large fork. Place in a punch bowl and stir in two bottles of ginger ale per container of peach mixture.
- Yields: 24 servings, divided
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes