Patriotic CSA Salad
- 8 c. mixed greens
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 T. finely chopped garlic scapes -- optional
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/8 c. blueberry vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. country-style Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
Layer the mixed greens, blueberries, strawberries, garlic scapes, and Parmesan cheese in a large salad bowl. Set aside in the refrigerator.
Whisk the remaining ingredients together to form a vinaigrette. Serve the dressing alongside the salad.
- Yields: 4-6 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes