Orange Broccoli, Beef, and Mushrooms
- ½ cup orange juice
- 5 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. grated ginger and a 2 ½ inch piece of peeled ginger
- 4 T. oil -- vegetable or olive
- 1 bunch of broccoli
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ½ lb. flank steak
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 large shallot -- chopped
- 2 garlic cloves -- minced
- 3 ounces mushrooms -- stems removed, caps quartered
- Steamed rice
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok over high heat. Season flank steak with salt and pepper and cook for 1 ½ minutes on each side. Remove steak and place on cutting board and rest for 3 minutes. Cut into ¼ inch slices.
Wipe the wok and heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat. Cook shallot and garlic for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, salt, broccoli and increase the heat to high.
Cook for about 1-2 minutes, add flank steak.
Remove from heat and serve.