One Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 - 16 oz. pkg. dried pasta (I used penne)
- 1 ¼ c. frozen corn kernels
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 - 15 oz. can canned tomatoes (I used a fire-roasted variety with chilies)
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 - 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. cooked, crumbled chorizo (I usually just cook a double batch earlier in the week and plan for this one — you can also omit the meat)
- ¼ c. shredded cheese (choose your favorite variety)
Add all but the last 4 ingredients (cream cheese, beans, chorizo, and cheese) to a large pot. Stir, cover, and bring to a rolling boil.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. There should be ¼ to ½ inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot when it is done. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cream cheese, black beans, chorizo, and cheese. Let it rest for about 5 minutes to warm the beans and meat, melt the cheese, and absorb the excess liquid.
Serve in bowls with additional cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and sliced green onions, if desired.
- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes