Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1/3 c. cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt -- I chose a spicy variety
- 1/2 teaspoon red or black pepper
- 10 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast strips
- 2 T. canola oil
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored and chopped into small pieces
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1/3 c. lemonade
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 T. sesame seeds
Combine the cornstarch, seasoned salt, and your choice of pepper to form a homogenous mixture. Dredge the chicken pieces in the mixture, making sure to get an even coating.
Hea the canola oil in a large, non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the chicken until it is mostly cooked and has formed a golden crust, about 7 minutes. Add the broccoli, onion, and red pepper and continue stir-frying until the vegetables are crisp-tender, another 5-7 minutes. Add the soy sauce, lemonade, and green onions and stir constantly until a thickened sauce forms. Remove from the heat and sprinkle liberally with the sesame seeds.
Serve over hot rice.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes