Jalapeño Popper Pasta
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 1 T. butter, bacon fat, or olive oil
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, finely diced
- 8 oz. low fat cream cheese
- 1 c. shredded cheese -- I opted for pepper jack
- 1-2 teaspoons jalapeño powder -- optional
- 1/4 c. half and half
Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, heat your chosen fat over medium-high heat in a skillet and sauté the diced pepper until it is softened. Add the cream cheese and cut it into small pieces to allow it to melt in the skillet. Add the shredded cheese, the additional jalapeño powder (if you want more heat), and the half and half. Stir well to combine and form a slightly thick cheese sauce. When the pasta has been drained, add it to the skillet and stir well to coat. Serve immediately.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes