Honey-Sriracha Chicken Lo Mein
- 16 oz. spaghetti or similarly-shaped noodles
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 8 oz.)
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 medium onion, cleaned and sliced into thin wedges
- 2 c. finely chopped Napa cabbage
- 2 T. sriracha
- 1/3 c. honey
- 2 tsp. soy or tamari sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles according to the package directions. When the noodles are properly cooked, drain them thoroughly.
Meanwhile, cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat and stir-fry the chicken pieces until lightly browned. Add the vegetables and continue stir-frying until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are crisp-tender.
Combine the sriracha, honey, soy (or tamari) sauce, black pepper, and garlic powder. Add the mixture to the cooked chicken and vegetables and stir lightly to combine. Toss the coated chicken and vegetables with the drained noodles and serve sprinkled with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes