Grilled Maple Mustard Chicken
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- Salt, pepper, or seasoning blend as desired
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
Clean and cut the chicken. Place the pieces in a sturdy container and season as desired. Allow to rest while you prepare a grill and bring it to medium-high heat.
Meanwhile, combine all of the mopping sauce ingredients in a large, resealable jar with a tight-fitting lid. Attach the lid and shake vigorously to combine.
Grill the chicken on the prepared grilling for about 20-30 minutes, turning at least once and basting with the mopping sauce about halfway through the cooking process. Place any remaining sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Place the grilled chicken in a sturdy serving dish and drizzle the cooked sauce over the top and serve immediately.
- Yields: 4-6 servings
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes