Grilled Chicken Pasta with Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 16 ounces dry egg noodles
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and pounded to 1.2″ thickness
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 3 ramps or green onions, sliced
- 6 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon of the chipotle adobo sauce
- 2 cups half and half
Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente’, according to the instructions. Drain and set aside.
Heat a grill pan, panini press or grill and cook the chicken until opaque, about 3-4 minutes per side. Slice the chicken into 2″ long slices and set aside.
Heat the butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and ramps or green onions and sauté until translucent. Add the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and half and half. Let the sauce simmer over medium heat, stirring every minute or two until it thickens.
When the cream sauce has thickened, add the chicken and pasta and stir well to coat the pasta. Remove from the heat and salt to taste and serve.
- Yields: 4-6 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes