Funfetti Ice Cream
- 20 vanilla-flavored sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened, condensed milk
- Lots of sprinkles (more will give brighter, more varied color)
Chop the cookies using a sharp knife and set aside.
To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (you don't need a stand mixer, it just makes this all much easier), whip the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract to form stiff peaks, about 5 minutes on high power. Carefully add the sweetened, condensed milk and stir on low to medium speed to fully incorporate.
Add the sweetened cream mixture to the canister of an ice cream machine. Process according to the machine's instructions, adding the cookies and sprinkles (I used about a half cup of multi-colored sprinkles) near the end, and gently folding them into the ice cream to distribute them evenly. You can try the soft-set ice cream at this point, or transfer it to the freezer for a firmer consistency.
Transfer the soft-set ice cream mixture to a freezer-safe container with a lid. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours, or until solid. Allow the ice cream to rest at room temperature for about 5 minutes before scooping to make things easier!
- Yields: About 2 quarts
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes plus freezing time