- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1-2 tablespoons flavoring (consider: vanilla extract, peppermint oil, amaretto, coffee liqueur, etc.)
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until well blended. Stir in the melted chocolate and flavoring of your choice until no streaks remain. Refrigerate for about 1 hour before shaping into 1 inch balls. You can opt to roll the truffles in cocoa powder, finely crushed nuts, coconut, colored sprinkles, or chill them for another hour and then dip them in melted chocolate.
- Yields: About 4 dozen truffles
- Preparation Time: About 90 minutes