Easy Pepperoni Stromboli
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent dough
- 4-6 oz. thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/2 c. sliced black olives
- 6 oz. grated cheese (choose your favorite variety and/or combination)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
Preheat the oven to 375° F. Remove the crescent dough from the cans and roll it out and form 2 identical long sheets of pastry by pressing the seams together.
Layer the pepperoni, tomato, olives, and cheese evenly over each of the sheets. Starting at one of the short ends, carefully roll the pastry up, capturing the fillings inside it. After you've done this with both sheets, you will have 2 rolls of filled pastry. Carefully set them, side by side, in a 9 x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the top of the pastry evenly with the Italian seasoning.
Bake the stromboli in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown. Slice carefully and serve hot.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes