- 1 can of refrigerated flakey biscuits
- Assorted fillings:
- Pepperoni, grated cheese, roasted red peppers
- Cubed chicken, buffalo sauce, bleu cheese
- Crumbled bacon, marinated artichokes, feta cheese
- Seasoned taco meat, diced tomatoes, black olives, grated cheese
- The sky's the limit!
On a silicone baking mat, press each of the 8 refrigerated biscuits flat to make an approximately 5" flattened disc of dough. Carefully arrange the fillings of your choice in the center of each disc and fold the disc in half to create a half-moon shape, pinching the edges together to keep the fillings from falling out. Be careful that you do not overfill the empanadas! Place the finished empanadas on a baking sheet that's been covered with the baking mat.
Bake the empanadas for 15-18 minutes in a 375° F preheated oven. Remove from the oven and serve warm.
- Yields: 8 empanadas
- Preparation Time: About 20 minutes