Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips. Drop the cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. I like to use a small ice cream disher to form the cookies and placing them on a silicone baking mat helps with release and cleanup.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. The edges of the cookies should be crisp and set. Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to a rack to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Yields: About 4 dozen small cookies or 3 dozen medium cookies
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes