CSA Chicken Salads
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. chili oil
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Penzeys Vindaloo Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Penzeys Bangkok Blend
- 8 oz. mixed salad greens
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced into wedges
- 2 T. sliced green onions or green garlic
- 6 thinly sliced breakfast radishes
- 1/2 c. lightly steamed peas, chilled
- 2 T. chopped peanuts
Trim any visible fat from the chicken breasts. Rinse with cool water, pat dry, and set aside.
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the chili and olive oil together over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and sprinkle with half of the Vindaloo and Bangkok seasonings. Allow the chicken to cook for 4 minutes, then carefully flip each piece of chicken and sprinkle the remaining Vindaloo and Bangkok seasonings. Allow the chicken the cook for an additional 4 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, arrange the salad greens, tomato wedges, green onions or garlic, sliced radishes, and peas on two large dinner plates. Set aside.
When the chicken has been browned on both sides, remove the pieces from the pan and place them on a cutting board. Carefully slice the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and return briefly to the nonstick skillet without turning the stove back on. Toss the chicken pieces with the pan juices to heavily coat them. Arrange the chicken on the prepared salads and sprinkle with chopped peanuts before serving.
- Yields: 2 main dish salads
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes