- 1 lb. salmon fillets
- 1 tsp. paprika-based seasoning blend - I used Mitchell Street Steak Seasoning
- 1/4 c. honey - I used orange blossom honey
- 1 blood orange - use half for zest and juice and half for slicing
- 2 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp. fresh grated orange zest - from the orange
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 T. fresh orange juice - from the orange
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Rinse and pat dry the salmon fillets and arrange them on a broiler pan. Liberally season the fish with your chosen paprika-based seasoning; set aside.
Combine the honey, grated ginger, minced garlic, orange zest, and orange juice in a small bowl. Brush the mixture over the salmon. Place the slices of blood orange around the fish. Brush with any remaining honey mixture.
Bake the fish and oranges for 25-35 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork, but is not dry. You can also broil it for 2-3 minutes at the end of baking to help caramelize the surface of the fish, if desired.
- Yields: 2-3 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes