Chipotle Brown Sugar-Glazed Chicken
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 tablespoon chipotle hot sauce or finely minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Melt the bacon fat in a small, microwaveable bowl. Stir in the brown sugar, powdered garlic, and chipotle hot sauce. Place the mixture and the two chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag. Turn the bag to thoroughly coat the chicken with the sweet pepper sauce.
Heat the cooking oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet, reserving any additional sauce in the plastic bag. Cook for 6 minutes per side. Snip a corner of the plastic bag off and squeeze the remaining sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook an additional 6 minutes. Remove to a warm plate and spoon any pan juices over the chicken. Serve warm.
- Yields: 3-4 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes