- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1-2 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 8-12 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1-2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Combine the first 3 ingredients and rub the seasoning mix into the chicken breasts, making sure to coat the meat evenly. In a nonstick skillet (add a little cooking spray or oil to the pan if desired) over medium-high heat, sauté the chicken breasts for 5-7 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through and has a golden crust.
Combine the remaining ingredients (tomatoes through salt and pepper, to taste) in a small bowl. To serve, spoon a generous helping of the tomato relish over the warm chicken and enjoy.
- Yields: 2-3 main dish servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes