Chicken Bacon Ranch Totchos
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, cleaned and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 lb. frozen tater tots
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- Diced avocado, for garnish
In a nonstick skillet, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Using the same pan (drain some of the bacon fat off if there's too much left in the pan), sauté the chicken over medium heat. When it is mostly done, add the onion and pepper and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the chicken is cooked through. Add the ranch dressing and toss to thoroughly coat. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Meanwhile, bake the tater tots in a 450° F oven for 20 minutes, turning once about half way through. When the tots are done baking and the chicken mixture is finished. Carefully spread the chicken mixture evenly over the single layer of tater tots on the baking pan. Then add a layer of chopped tomato and sprinkle the top of the totchos with the grated cheese. Add the cooked, drained bacon to the very top and return to the hot oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Sprinkle the totchos with fresh avocado immediately before serving.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes