- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 T. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. milk
- 1 T. plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- ½ c. finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ c. butter, melted and cooled
- Cooking spray for the waffle iron
Preheat your waffle iron.
Add the flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and black pepper to a large bowl and whisk well.
In another bowl, combine the milk, yogurt, and egg and whisk together. Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Add the cheese and mix until well incorporated. Stir in the cooled butter gently.
Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and cook according to the manufacturer instructions.
- Yields: 3 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes