Caprese Grilled Chicken
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 generous slices of fresh mozzarella
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 sweet basil leaves, sliced thinly
- 1-2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 T. balsamic vinegar
Using a sharp knife, butterfly each of the chicken breasts and separate into two pieces at the seam. Season well with the salt and pepper.
Prepare a grill and grill the chicken over medium heat until cooked through, turning once (about 18-22 minutes, total). Upon removing the chicken to a platter, top each piece with a generous slice of fresh mozzarella. Allow to rest.
Combine the cherry tomatoes, basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. To serve, place a piece of chicken on a serving plate and spoon a generous amount of the tomato relish over the top. Serve immediately.
- Yields: 3-4 servings
- Preparation Time: About 30 minutes