BBQ Chicken & Bacon Pasta
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth - I used smoked chicken broth
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb. dry pasta - I used penne
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese - I used a combination of cheddar and jack cheeses
In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until it is browned. Halfway through cooking, add the chicken and continue cooking until it is all cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the green onion and garlic; cook an additional minute.
Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pepper flakes, salt, and pasta and bring back to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 5 minutes. Stir, then replace cover and cook another 5 minutes. Stir and continue cooking 4-5 minutes uncovered, until the noodles are cooked.
Stir in the barbecue sauce and cheese; cook 1-2 minutes more until heated through.
- Yields: 6-8 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes