Asian Ginger Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2/3 cup toasted bread crumbs -- I used gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper -- choose your spice level
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce -- I used Sweet Baby Ray's
- 10 oz. fruity Asian sauce -- I used San-J's orange sauce
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
Combine the pork, bread crumbs, garlic powder, red pepper, and egg in a large bowl; mix gently but thoroughly with your fingers. Roll into 1-inch balls. Brown lightly in a nonstick skillet before spraying a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add the meatballs. In a small bowl, whisk together the ginger, tamari sauce, barbecue sauce, and fruity Asian sauce; pour over meatballs. Gently stir to coat.
Cover and cook on low until meatballs are cooked through, 2 to 3 hours. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.
- Yields: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes, plus slow cooking time