Almond Chicken Dinner Slaw
- 1 small lime, zested and juiced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce (use tamari + a little honey for a gluten free version)
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. canola oil (for cooking the chicken)
- ½ pound of chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head of napa cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, peeled & shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
In a small bowl, combine the lime juice and zest, ginger, garlic, hoisin sauce, and extra virgin olive oil. Whisk to combine.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the canola oil. Cook the chicken breast until it's browned on all sides and cooked through. Remove from the heat.
Thinly slice the napa cabbage and run your fingers through it, separating the strands, and add it to a large salad bowl. To the cabbage, add the chicken, shredded carrots, green onions, and dressing. Toss. Sprinkle with the sliced almonds and serve.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes