After-School Snack Cookies
- 1 1/2 c. oatmeal
- 1/2 c. lightly crushed raisin bran (or other whole grain cereal)
- 1/2 c. flour
- 2 T. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. lightly-packed brown sugar
- 2 T. creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. peeled, chopped apples
- 1/2 c. raisins (or other dried fruit)
Preheat the oven to 375° F. Cover a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
Combine the oatmeal, cereal, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and brown sugar. In a cup, combine the peanut butter, milk, and vanilla extract. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ones until a crumbly cookie dough forms. Add the apples and the dried fruit and thoroughly combine.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-17 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Yields: 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes